The lagoon at the Gellatly wharf used to be a hub of activity in the 1950s.
Pictured above are boats out on the lagoon circa 1951.
The photo was donated to the Okanagan Archive Trust Society by area resident Ferne Jean.
The historic wharf in Gellatly Bay was removed in 2014 and replaced with a replica wharf. The new wharf includes two lighted towers, a three-metre high jumping platform, a small zipline, and a floating platform.
Find more historic photos of the Okanagan at oldphotos.ca.