This historic photo is of the Old Okanagan Highway in West Kelowna, circa 1912.
The photo was donated to the Okanagan Archive Trust Society by Ferne Jean, who had the picture from the Gellatly Collection.
The scene depicts a new orchard off the highway north of the town.
In 1811, before Westbank became a settled area, it was recognized as an early trading centre and became the place where the fur traders met on the Old Caribou Trail—the Cairn at the corner of Main St. and Old Okanagan Hwy commemorates this.
The photographer is not known.