This historic photo is of 1958, the year the old floating bridge opened.
Pictured are the toll booths, located on the west side of the floating bridge, which was the first of its kind in Canada according to the Facebook page Old Kelowna.
The tolls were in place from the bridge’s opening in July 1958, until April 1, 1963, and helped pay the cost of construction which was $7.5 million.
This photo was shared by Cathy Berner on the Old Kelowna page.
Want to support local journalism? Make a donation here.