Glenrosa Road is set to reopen before noon on Friday, Nov. 6, as upgrades to the areas are completed.
The $5.95 million multi-use infrastructure improvements on Glenrosa Road, from Glen Abbey Place to McGinnis Road, is wrapping up ahead of schedule, according to the City of West Kelowna.
Motorists, cyclists and pedestrians may still encounter minor delays through the project site, as well as some traffic control for irrigation installation, landscaping and drainage improvements.
The Glenrosa Road active transportation improvements included:
- Realigning the Glenrosa/McIver intersection and including pedestrian-activated signals
- Excavating, grading and installing new subbase, base and asphalt on Glenrosa Road
- Constructing dedicated sidewalks and cycling lanes along both sides of Glenrosa Road
- Installing LED streetlights and transit stop improvements
- Irrigated landscaping
The second phase of improvements on McIver and McTaggart Roads will start in spring and will include:
- Sidewalks along the Glenrosa Middle School side of McIver between Glenrosa and McTaggart
- Curb, gutter and drainage works along the same section
- Drainage improvements on McTaggart Road to Gorman Road
For more information on the improvement project, visit the City of West Kelowna’s website.