In mid-June, the City of West Kelowna launched #OurWK, a community visioning process that asks residents what they want to see in the city’s future.
Now that the first survey is over, the process will now dive into other key topics. Starting this week and continuing for the next eight weeks, the city will post information and ask for input on the following topics:
- How we stay green – our environment (July 6 – July 12)
- How we have fun – our parks, recreation and culture (July 13 – July 19)
- How we move – our transportation (July 20 – July 26)
- How we operate – our operations and maintenance (July 27 – August 2)
- How we learn and live well – our health and well-being (August 3 – August 9)
- How we work – our economy (August 10 – August 16)
- How we grow – our growth and development (August 17 – August 23)
- How we live – our housing (August 24 – August 30)
“The initial #OurWK questionnaire has seen a great response to date and we are hoping for many more responses in the days ahead,” Mayor Gord Milsom said.
“We have now launched the key topics process that provides an opportunity for people to focus in on different aspects of the community vision that matter most to them. We hope that community members participate in any and all of the topics that are important to them.”
Each topic will have its own mini-questionnaire, photo challenge, backgrounder, video, and more. There will also be four online workshops open to those who wish to sign up for a roundtable discussion on the topics that interest them.
Details about the weekly topics and how you can get involved are available on this website.